Here are five fun facts about sharks! Kids love talking about sharks. Spend some time today with your curious little learner and explore some fascinating science about sharks!
Did you know:
1. There are over 500 different species of sharks!
(Tip: Ask your kiddo how many shark species they think there are before you tell them the answer).
2. Sharks have negative buoyancy, which means they sink if they stop swimming.
3. Sharks have been around for over 400 million years! That’s a long time!
4. Sharks do not have bones. They have cartilage which is lighter than bone. It is the same material as what is in your nose and ears.
5. Sharks are older than dinosaurs!